What is Parents as Partners?
Each year, we have an opportunity to be inspired and gain practical knowledge about our musical journey. The SAA (Suzuki Association of the Americas) has created "Parents as Partners Online" to offer a TED-talk style series of short (10-minute) educational videos, which are also available in audio-only podcast form, or simply as a transcript to enjoy reading. Each Monday, new content is released, and all resources will remain accessible until October 15.
This year's theme is Growth and Collaboration—talks will explore topics such as:
- Courageous conversations between parents and teachers
- What does a successful teen look like?
- Ages and stages of parent-child communication
- Why music study facilitates character development
- Practice ideas galore
- …and many more!!
Favorite talks from past years will also be available. Whether you’re a parent or teacher, Parents as Partners Online is a way to strengthen interactions and student practice with an infusion of new ideas.
You can view a sample talk and a more detailed listing of topics at the SAA website here (but follow our registration process below):
How do I Register?
SRO is registering for Parents as Partners as a studio, which means you do not need to register as an individual, but simply through us:
- Please email Assistant Director Beth Vojtisek email@example.com to indicate that you would like to participate.
- You will be invoiced by SRO for the $12 fee.
- You will receive an email with instructions on how to access the content once it is released.
- Register by January 31, 2018 to take advantage of this Early Bird Pricing.